If you're shopping for TV packages, you'll know how confusing it can be. Do you need TV, TV and broadband, TV, broadband and phone – how do you decide? Which provider should you choose and how do you pick the best package for you? Take a few minutes to read through our handy guide to TV packages and get the answers to your questions.
When shopping around for TV packages, it's a good idea to start by using a comparison website such as uSwitch.com. This lets you see at a glance the packages on offer so that you can work out which one offers the best value for money and is the most suitable for your needs. You can then head to the provider's website to look at deals in more detail. Here are a few things you'll need to consider when shopping for TV packages:
• What channels do you actually need and want? There's no point paying extra for channels you won't watch
• Do you need broadband and phone included?
• Are you looking for any added extras such as the ability to pause and rewind live TV or a set-top box for recording your favourite programs?
• What is your monthly budget?
• How long a contract are you looking for?
It's important to consider the answers to all of these questions, and beware of special offers where you get the first 3 or 6 months at a discounted price. You'll normally be tied into a contract for 12 – 18 months, so you need to ensure you can afford the monthly price once the discounted period ends. It's also important to find out whether your service will be installed by an engineer or whether you can set it up yourself.
There are plenty of different providers to choose from including Virgin, Sky and more. The provider you choose will depend on the coverage in your area, the type of package you're looking for and your budget, as well as the channels you want. You can find out whether a provider offers coverage in your area by going to their website – there's normally a coverage checker where you can type in your postcode. If you live in a town or city, you'll usually have your pick of providers, whereas if you live somewhere more rural, you may find fewer companies provide a TV and broadband service in your location.
- Sky TV - at £26 per month only you can enjoy 345 tv channels with many of them in HD quality. You will be on a 18 month contract and only available to new customers.
-Now TV Brilliant Broadband + Entertainment - the cheapest deal on the market with broadband and TV at £23.99 per month. This offer is available to new customers only and includes free anytime calls. With 0 setup fees and just 12 month long contract, it is worth considering Now TV as your provider.
- Virgin Ultimate Oomph Bundle - for £79 per month you get 270+ channels inc. the Kids Pick and all Entertainment Picks, BT Sport 4K Ultra HD + all Sky Sports and Sky Cinema channels in HD, Two V6 boxes and Superfast 4G Truly Unlimited SIM and anytime calls on your landline.
It's a great time of year to start thinking about TV packages and switching your provider, so why not head online and take a look at some of the deals on offer; you could find you'll save money compare to your current package!